Saturday, October 3, 2015

Protests!

The Japanese are not happy with the new nuclear powered carrier arriving in Yokosuka. Well, some of them aren't and they staged a big protest on Friday which is one day after it arrived. They are afraid that Japan is getting more involved in war efforts and does not want to have anything bad happen. There were fistfights in the government recently over a new law that allows them to attack any country that has attacked their close ally. Before, the Japanese were only able to have a defense military. So that is a scary, big change for them.http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/sep/17/japanese-politicians-brawl-in-parliament-over-bill-to-allow-troops-to-fight-abroad

I went off base on Friday and was surprised at the amount of police in riot gear. I was out and back on base by 10:30 am and I don't think much really happened. Although I did get to see this one little parade of protestors that were escorted the whole way by police.

This is the little parade of protestors followed by the police escorts and another photo of some more police. This is just a couple of blocks from the base.





1 comment:

MiketheGreat said...

Their military could stay home and fight by allowing their brilliant engineers to hack enemies, shutting down their war machines like the Israelis did to the Iranians.