Saturday, October 3, 2015

Baystars vs. Giants Baseball Game

We took the kids to the last baseball game of the season. And baseball in Japan is a major event. I ended up getting some pretty great seats although we sat on the opposing team's side. It didn't really matter because we don't really care about who won/lost. We ended up leaving at the end of the 7th inning. The kids were tired and we still had a train ride home. It was a super fun night filled with treats and experiences.

We started off with a yummy ramen dinner.

Dax bought some noise makers. They are little hollow bats that you hit together to make noise.

This is the Toyota Robo Taxi. It brought the person out to the pitcher's mound for the first pitch. No one was driving the vehicle and after it dropped him off it turned around and drove itself back.

My friend, Jenny, sent us a little care package that included Red Vines. The kids had never eaten them before so I brought them along as a treat at the game. I showed Cady and Holly how they could use them as straws.

At the middle of the 7th inning, the Baystar (home team) fans all blew up these phallic balloons. They then let them all go at the same time and it was pretty cool to watch. I knew we could buy these balloons before hand but never found them. Oh well.

No comments: