Cady signed up for the middle school cross country team. The first day they ran about 4-5 miles and she came home hating it. But by the end of that week she was having lots of fun. They had 8 practices and then their first meet today. It is a 3.3 km course with a huge hill at the end. She was so nervous about getting up at 5:30 am for the 1.5 hour bus ride and then got even more nervous as she waited. But finally the gun went off and she did it. I drove there to cheer her on and was very happy to support her. Matt stayed behind to help with soccer for the other two. She has 8 practices in between meets so we will make our 2nd attempt in 2 weeks. Now she knows what to expect of the course and the meet and I suspect she will do a lot better next time. We don't have her time yet as it was chipped and there was no clock. (I was so worried about her that I forgot to look at my clock when she finished)
Saturday, September 12, 2015
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment