Matt left for a few days so I decided to take the kids on a hike today. It was supposed to be about 3 miles but I'd say it was at least a good 5-6. But it was beautiful and lots of fun. There were so many things to see and the kids had some friends to play with along the way so that always makes a hike better. This hike starts right by the housing base called Ikego and we ended up in the town of Oppama which we trained back to Ikego from there. There was a beautiful shrine as well as a Buddha carved into stone.


At the very tip top of the mountain.
And the hike down had a fun little playground and wandering streets through a neighborhood. Of course, we ended at 7-eleven for ice cream, egg salad sandwiches and D got a Spam Musubi (a hawaii treat of spam on top of a rice ball with sauce and mayonnaise *the mayo is a japanese addition). There is a strange love of mayonnaise here.
1 comment:
What an interesting place for the kids. I about died from a Thai pepper, too.
Post a Comment