Sunday, August 16, 2015

Sunflower Festival

My friend wanted to see the Sunflower Festival so we loaded up the kids and drove up to our old stomping grounds of Zama. That's where we lived the first time we were here although I had never heard of any Sunflower Festival when we lived there. I think it is a relatively new thing. But we got there early and started melting in the sun soon after. Lots of beautiful sunflowers and even a fun Japanese carnival game. They had a pool filled with fish and everyone got in and tried to catch the fish by hand. They got to take one fish for 1,000 yen. I would have let Dax do it if we could have had a discount for not actually wanting to keep the fish:)

This was the picture of the day! The scarecrow head greeting us as we entered the sunflower gardens.








They even had a sunflower miniature trash truck there ready to clean up. I love the Japanese. 


No comments: