Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Mom of the Year





I know my kids wouldn't nominate me for that today! I have been frazzled all day b/c I had so much to do. I thought that swimming lessons were on the schedule at 5:00 tonight. So I had to get supper packed up and get them 20 minutes away to the lessons. After waiting our turn, another little girl walked into the water before Cady. I looked at the Mom and said, "Do you have a lesson now" And I knew immediately that I had messed up....not scheduled for a lesson on Wednesday until next week!  Of course, C was in tears for a couple minutes, but she was happily distracted by going to the kids' consignment store next door.   I proceeded to buy Dax a magnetic dress up doll, just like Cady's girlie ones, but it's actually made for boys! He said, "I love it." when I gave it to him. Cady got a 51 piece floor puzzle of the United States. It was all stuff we desperately needed.
Here is a picture of Cady in her new swim cap right before she found out that she didn't get to have a lesson:)  And Dax with his dress up doll in a couple of adorable outfits. He's started saying, "cheese" now which makes his pictures look awfully silly. I don't know why that started. I definitely don't tell him to do it. And yes, that is purple marker across his face. I believe it was there for 5 hours before I actually took a washcloth to it. I'm tired! 

3 comments:

Freebird.Crew said...

Love the pic of Cady in her swim cap! It's great the consignment store was next door for a little distraction!

Anonymous said...

Hang in there!! Know it's tough running the kids all around. Looks like you got some cool buys at the consignment store.

littlefamily said...

they both are adorable! We all have those days! I am sure you are looking forward to your Iowa trip!