Sunday, October 12, 2008

Lock the Doors!





We decided to get a hotel room in Norfolk and get away from our house with the kids. We really wanted to go away for the weekend but really didn't have enough time to research a good place to rent. So Norfolk won out with it's 30 minute drive. It ended up being a wonderful time. We went to the Kid's Fest, toured the USS Wisconsin, and went the Zoo on Saturday. Then took the ferry to Portsmouth to the Children's Museum today.
Matt was in charge of Dax at the Museum and needless to say there was an all out manhunt for Dax. Matt wasn't watching him and comes up asking me if I'd seen Dax. In seconds, all of the staff were on their walkie talkies and manning the doors! I was quite ashamed but definitely not shocked that my husband could lose one child while I manage all of the time to handle two without ever losing a single person. Luckily, Dax was ok and I suffered just a minor heart attack. They found him up stairs in the train room! I told Matt that I think it's time we get a train table at home:)

2 comments:

Kayren said...

What a fun weekend. It's always great to get away, even if it's just the next town over! :) Funny story about Dax!! Maybe Santa will have to bring him a train table like he is for Stella and Porter. ;)

littlefamily said...

what a fun weekend! Glad Dax was found!! Good Luck Dax without paci! Haydn did great! Us mom's underestimate our kids sometimes!