Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Animal, Vegetable, Miracle

I've been hemming and hawing because I couldn't find a good book to read. I found a book at Sam's Club called Animal, Vegetable, Miracle by Barbara Kingsolver and surreptitiously put it in my cart. I always feel guilty when I actually purchase a book.
This book has made me even more interested in local produce, buying/eating what's in season, and supporting small farms. I've even looked into making my own cheese with milk from the local dairy. (Mom, I'll send you the link to the cheese making goods for Christmas:) It actually only takes 30 minutes to make a pound of mozarella cheese at home!
I should really stay away from books like this. It only makes me more obsessed with what my family eats, and it takes up a lot of my energy. Dax has already laid claim to most of my supply already.

1 comment:

Anna Leigh said...

I didn't know Babs Kingsolver wrote non-fiction. I LOVED her novel "The Poisonwood Bible". It is one of my favorite books, if you haven't read it, it's definitely worth checking out.